Maine Lung Cancer Coalition takes your privacy seriously.
Maine Lung Cancer Coalition recognizes your trust and fully respects your privacy. Your privacy is important to us. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the contact information below. Our website is not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. Following is an outline of the information we do and do not gather from our site visitors.
Collection of Personal Information
We do not collect personal information from visitors without your permission. We only collect your personal contact information on this site, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address if you choose to provide it to us during your visit.
What we do collect is:
• Non-personal information via technology, such as information about traffic patterns on our website
• Personal information that users provide to us when they register, login or submit forms
• Browsing patterns of devices
• Browsing patterns of known users
We will never give or sell your name or information to another organization without your consent.
How We Collect Your Information
Maine Lung Cancer Coalition may use third-party vendor remarketing tracking cookies, including Google AdWords’ tracking cookie. This means we may continue to show ads to you across the Internet, specifically on the Google Display Network (GDN).
As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other third-party remarketing system.
Use of Your Information
• Non-personal information on an aggregated basis may be used make the website more useful to you.
• Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
• Personal data collected: Cookie and usage data.
• Place of processing: USA.
If you correspond with us via form submission, email, the postal service, or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained therein and use such to respond to your inquiry and/or notify you of our services, upcoming events, and research projects.
The information we collect is used to provide the services you have requested and may be used to help improve the content of our website.
• We may send you information that is related to the scope of work Maine Lung Cancer Coalition provides. This information will inform you about activities or services that may be of interest to you such as upcoming events, health education opportunities, research or other educational instructions.
• Fundraising Activities. We may share information such as your address or phone number. Our foundation may use this information to contact you about raising funds. In these instances, we only would release contact information to our foundation, such as your name, address and phone number.
Internet Protocol Address
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
All confidential information provided to Maine Lung Cancer Coalition is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Changes To This Policy
Any changes to this policy will be posted on our website at this location.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
Maine Lung Cancer Coalition
Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation
509 Forest Avenue
Portland, ME 04101